Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sing me then

Lend me your eyes tonight...

Maybe, for an unpleasant change
I could look at me, unsuspecting,
And in your all-encompassing glance
See the termites at work,
The rotting facade...
See through all the cardboard walls,
The blank canvasses...

Maybe, for an unpleasant change
I would look through and beyond
At things that transcend an 'I'
At the onyx star-lit sky
At the reasons why winds sigh
At the carefully fabricated lie
At the distance between you and I.

And in that omniscient moment
Perchance -
I'd transform my doleful lament
Into a beauteous song;
I'd harmonize with the universe
And dissolve to become music.

Sing me then, on starry nights...
I'd live on, forever,
On the resilient strings of your guitar
On the resounding baritone of your voice
On the sighing arms of west wind.

Lend me your eyes tonight...

Feb 19th, 2009.

1 comment: