Monday, May 4, 2009

Belonging

[Here follows, another ode, resplendent with "I"]

In a few oblong years
Surreptitiously
My emotions have transfigured
From an infinite echoing void
To first, a serenading prose
And now, a musical poesy.

I cannot write
Enough
On the mesmerising magic
Of the twittering sun birds
Flitting endlessly
In the flame-bearing Gulmohars
On a wet breezy May morning.

I sit sated
Long brimful,
Slowly dripping
With emotion.

I feign I have friends
Among happenings of nature
The comings and goings of lady-bugs

The blossoming of little purple flowers
The scattering of rain into spectra
The secret whispering of winds.

My grave, like my life
Should be littered with flowers -
Endless monuments
Of beauty dying young.

May 4th, 2009.

1 comment:

Soumya said...

I was reading a poem the other day, I guess it has a couplet that may 'belong' to this verse

But Love Shall Not Yield.
And Neither Shall Life.
Reading poems after a long time. It certainly was worth it as always Madeeha.

God bless.