Monday, May 11, 2009

In Memoir

I could almost, if I tried, let it fall
A tear for you, whom I love not.

For you loved me.

I knew it, yes, long I believe
Ever since I read my casual words
Carved on your countenance.

I dare not surmise - I fathom your despair.

I have yet to suffer
The wanting and the waiting,
The soul-wrenching agony,
Of loving one
Who loves not me.

Between pains -
Of him and me and now you
And then those to come -
I hunt for happiness,
Salvageable joys.

Relentlessly,

Life goes on.

April 19th, 2009.

3 comments:

Rukhiya said...

For all the 'same pinches' between us, here's a grand another! 'Life goes on and on and on'

Muse said...

I repeat Rukhiya, 'Life goes on and on and on' :)

-Rini

Anonymous said...

Pouring out emotions on paper - cannot get better than this! How can you guys do this?
Rukhs, Madeeha - Keep up the good work! God bless!
(I might have chosen the wrong poem to respond - forgive my profanity. As it turns out, my response was spontaneous. Among all I read on your blog so far, this one made me respond!)