Saturday, March 21, 2009

Vacuum

How empty is a hollow bowl?
Vacuum is emptiest, they taught me
So if 'Empty' means 'To Have Nothing'.
Then this I can prove:
This star-forsaken night is even emptier
It Has so much, it jus' poured in me
7 sealed quarts, brimming with Nothing.

I soar to the shore
Of this vacuous sea...

The dead are better off, exploring.
(If endorsed, one transaction)
Hovering on the edge, I'd barter:
For a patch of their shapeless land -
Few days' wages,
A good night's meal,
Some past-perfumed paraphernalia,
An oft-perused memory,
3 unshed tears,
Lies.

Planting seeds of things lost
I'd float over, irrigate -
Till that day when
Recalcitrant thorny flowers
Fill the hole in my pupil
And I thud on the ground, blinded -
But at long last, full.


Mar 21st, 2009.

No comments: