Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The tears we shed

I have so folded and packed away
The past few years
That I can tranquilize with a sway
My oversensitive tears
By a drama of disgust
For all that once was.

We humans must learn to fashion
Some cautiously concocted facades
In this Darwinian contest
To cultivate our odds
For the survival of the fittest.

With an unprecedented leap
Of my ostensibly inured heart
In the middle of something deep,
In a moment, fall apart
All the fortified barricades
I endlessly keep erecting.

And frantically, anew
I rummage through
The hidden pile of dog-eared letters
For some semblance of why....

For each single tear,
You shed for me...
You have wrenched, countless in a row.

As I wipe yet another,
I must admit,
You wept a lot, I now know...

Mar 17th, 09.

No comments: