Sunday, September 7, 2008

New Age Sun

In the gathering gloom
Darkness drips from our clouded sky
Grey drops turn to swirling mists
Engulfing.
Haunting ghosts garb me, dark grey.

Can you see your hands?
I cannot find my face
We are blinded.

An icy chill creeps up my legs
Frozen fingers find my heart
Wring it in their freezing grasp
Pulseless.
Blood clots in ropes in my veins.

Can you feel your heart?
I cannot hear mine beat.
We are frozen.

A darker shade of black
This moonless night must be,
We must wade this tar together
Stoically.
Pray, O new age sun, rise.


Sep 7th, '08.

4 comments:

jay said...

my friend you astonish me with the depth of your preception, clarity of your visualization and your adeptness at wordplay. Kudos to you for not letting the finer things in life leave you! :) like I did, much to my chagrin, I am a lesser person today and it is easier to let things slip away and much much harder to win them all over again!

jay said...

also please tell me did you find another copy of Katherine?

Madeeha said...

"Kudos to you for not letting the finer things in life leave you! :)"

Value your compliment highly my dear... Am obliged that you spent time on me blog reading me poemses ;)

"I am a lesser person today and it is easier to let things slip away and much much harder to win them all over again!"

No, no dearie that IZZZZ not it. You have your own way with things, I always LOVE reading posts on your blog, I believe i've read all posts ever since i first saw ur blog, and each is a treat - not only of expression, but of who you are, how you tackle life...
Love ya!! :)



Nope, didnt :(

jay said...

*beams*