Friday, June 20, 2008

The Rainbow

The Rainbow

In a spatter, like a have-to-do errand, it fell
Rain, at the feet of a begrudging cloud grumble

Amidst the last condensing drops,there peeped
Two rising sunbeams in an incoherent mumble

For a moment, the briefest of moments, I imagined
I could see it arching gracefully, a long-sought rainbow

All seven shades, shimmering like yards of silk
Over sector 1, the Major's mansion, the extension - jubilant in a row

The moment passed, in all its auspicious brevity
Lugging, dragging - its shades, two pots of gold

I thought i saw a rainbow - I didn't
I didn't even wish it much- I'm told

Yet a rainbow came; came, but late
A hope I was destined not to see
It showered free, its gold on all
None was meant for me

Perhaps I was too impatient; resigned perchance
So inured; no more, could I let me hope for hope
The conning rainbow conspired perchance
Hiding camouflaged, till I departed to mope

Which is which, I do not know
I only long I'd seen that Rainbow!

No comments: